Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Frustrated Red Sox Fan

Photo
Campbell's Peaceful Valley in Tolland, CT

Why do I insist on torturing myself?

I was so upset last night when the Spred Slops lost their third game to the Blue Jays. It was bad enough when Gagne gave the game away the night before. Whose payroll is he on, anyway? I swear the Yankees are paying him.
How upset was I last night? I went to bed without fixing my coffee pot. I got up this morning and my coffee WAS NOT READY. While I fixed my coffee through blurry eyes, I revisited my frustration with how this season is going. I expected the Sox to dive right after the All Star Game. They waited until now. Got my hopes up (again) that they were going to make it. Now their bull pen has unraveled. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH (in the spirit of Charley Brown!).

It's a '97 Saturn for heaven's sake!
I’m taking my car down to the garage this morning. It really is down, since I live at the top of the hill and the garage is at the bottom. The “Check Engine” light keeps going on; the brakes need to be done (never done before); probably need new tires all around (second time I've had to buy tires); and there something about a sway bar something or another that they want to take a look at and probably needs to be fixed. I really shouldn't complain considering the car's age. I’ll get back home on my bike negotiating a scenic route with the gentlest hills, not necessarily the fewest.

Later:
My way back home took me through a shopping center knows as Tri-City Plaza. As I came down the main driveway into the Plaza, approaching a THREE way stop, I had no stop sign. The guy in the pick up on the right looked me straight in the eye as he rolled through his stop sign right in front of me. I waved to him and yelled, “Thank you.” If I had been a big ol’ honking pickup truck like him he wouldn’t have pulled that stunt.

Here’s the scoop on my car repairs:
The oxygen sensor has been replaced.
The front brakes are done. They have never been done before and they were really bad. I can thank the Check Engine light for getting me into the garage before I got into bad trouble.
The sway bar links have been taken care of—repaired/replaced, whatever.
And the tires….apparently they are OK. No mention of them. I will stop back at the station with the car and inquire.

Let me give my garage guys a big plug here. I take my car to “The Famous” Johnnies. I’ve know John Rossini and his family since I was their Avon Lady when I lived in East Windsor. When I moved to Grand Ave. in Vernon in 1986, Johnnie’s station was just down the hill from me at the intersection of West St. and Route 83/74. I don’t know a more honest person than John and he has only the best people working for him. I guess that’s what makes him so famous. I can’t remember ever having to bring my car back because repairs were not done right. I highly recommend him! (do I need a disclaimer here that says he didn’t pay me to say any of this? ☺ )

No comments: