Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Magic of Autumn

Photo
This is the city of Hartford reflected in the Connecticut River, taken from the Charter Oak Bridge. Do you know what I just found out? If you click on the picture it will enlarge to the size of your window. How about that!

My time of the year

Yesterday was one of those days that made me feel so alive. The sky was a beautiful deep blue with a few white puffy clouds; the air, brilliant, crisp and invigorating. I went for a bike ride and everything was working so perfectly. The bike moved easily, even when pedaling into a stiff northeast wind. My body felt so strong and performed accordingly. I got a good cardio workout and worked up a good sweat. It was the kind of day that begged me to stay outside and play as long as possible. I happily obliged.

Old friends were God's gift today
Today was a day just like yesterday, only no time for bike riding. It was grocery shopping in the morning and more in the afternoon. Normally I go only in the morning, but this day was different. And because it was different, I ran into two friends at Stop & Shop. It was good to see Thelma who is a classmate of mine. No sooner left her to head for the checkout then I ran into Joyce, who used to work at Connecticut Natural Gas when I was there. Talk about old home week. It’s so nice when you run into old friends.

No comments: