Friday, September 14, 2007

It's been a long week!

It's Been a Long Week
I won't go into detail, but it's been one of those days every day! The photo for today tells you how I feel! Just poor little ol' me picked clean. I'll get right over it. The photo was taken by me on Cape Cod and I call it "The Remains of the Day".

Sports Commentary
The MLB races are heating up, big time! This weekend the Yanks and Red Sox are playing a 3 game series. I don’t think I have enough fingernails to last three days. The Sox must win at least some of the games to keep a comfortable cushion. A Red Sox sweep would be so sweet! Unfortunately, Dice-K is today's starting pitcher.

Before you know it, baseball will be over, and I will be waiting for the college basketball season to start. With the addition of Ray Allen (UConn grad) to the Boston Celtics, I might even watch pro basketball this year. The pros don’t come close to providing the enjoyment the college game does. Have you ever noticed, in the NBA there really isn’t much going on until the last quarter? All of a sudden the players wake up and really play for the final stretch.

On the WNBA side, if you have ever watched, the women play the whole game. In every quarter they give their all. Right now there is one more game in the WNBA playoff – Phoenix vs. Detroit. I cannot pick who I want to win. There are UConn grads playing for both teams. How can I choose? ☺ The play-off games have been very physical. These are some tough gals!

I’m sure you’ve heard by now Bill Belichick and the Pats have been accused of spying on the Jets to get the signals. How much of that has been going on since sports was invented? Does that make it right? No. Does it make it acceptable? No. It’s easy enough to say, “Oh, what’s the harm? Everybody does it.” The bottom line is it is illegal and not sportsmanlike. We want to teach our kids to play fair and when this happens we have to set the proper example. I hope there are more honest participants than dishonest.

Public Nudity
This is funny. Brattleboro, VT is one place on the Planet where public nudity does not break the law. An article in The Hartford Courant today, gave a list of what Connecticut law enforcers would have to consider when charging someone with public nudity. One consideration was: does this person need to be returned to the screw factory to be re-threaded? I can’t stop laughing.

Weekend Busy
I have a busy weekend coming up between hiking, family gathering in MA, my mom's birthday and finding nice days to hang out laundry. Have a good weekend yourself and I'll be back soon.

I've Gone to a Second Page
Just realized my journaling has popped over to a second page. Man can I run on or what!

No comments: