Thursday, January 24, 2008

Another Blog Worth Checking Out

Photo
The Head of the Meadow multi-use trail
in Truro on Cape Cod. The photo shows one of the many small animal paths that seem to draw me off the main trail. All trails lead into the salt meadow which is wet and marshy. The trail is 2 miles long and I do not recommend biking it. Although it is paved, it is in disrepair, bumpy and very uncomfortable to ride (at least for me).

Another blog worth visiting
My good buddy, Jon, has started his own blog which is actually written by Jon’s alter ego, Jon Quixote. Check it out. The site is interactive and today JQ asks the question: if you could ask God one question, what would you ask. Wow. Being a true Gemini, I can’t stop at one question. There is so much I would want to know, starting with why has He/She let humankind make such a mess of the world - and I don't want to hear the Free Will excuse.
While you are out there, check out the entire website, Conscious CT. Good stuff.

Lunch with my girls

On Wednesday I went to lunch with Kathy and Jessica. Jess goes back to school on the 28th so I wanted some quality time with her. This is the home stretch to her degree at UConn and she will be busy and exhausted from now until the first of May. No time for Gramma. The degree is more important right now. Kathy was able to join us on her lunch break. We went to Gio’s in Granby. The three of us had Mediterranean Wings. This is an appetizer that you would not want to eat every day—batter dipped and deep fried, seasoned with something heavenly. Couple the dish of 10 wings with a salad and you have a meal.

Another Marine
I have added another Marine to my writing list. I was told that Chad would like to receive mail, so I added an envelope with his name and address on it. I write one letter and every 10 days or so mail out a copy to each Marine. Chad makes five now. I have never met any of the Marines I write to. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they got my first letter introducing myself. ☺

No comments: