Friday, January 25, 2008

Boots! I Want Boots!

Photo
This is the Joseph Smith homestead in Palmyra, NY, where the Morman religion had its beginning. I want you to notice the whitish haze in the lower right quadrant of the picture. As I have mentioned before, I just take pictures I can't alway explain them. I'm pretty sure this is whatever we felt watching and creeping us out as we observed the homestead from afar and took this picture. Palmyra is the town where Kathy and I began our Erie Canal ride in 2004.

Boots!
I went to Cabela’s today. I tried to go there yesterday, but I couldn’t find them. As big as they are, they are hidden way behind Rentschler Field and no prominent signage telling me where they are!

I need a pair of winter hiking boots and can’t seem to find them anywhere. I tried L. L. Bean. I’ve tried Cabela’s. They don’t have what I want in my size. I doubt I’ll go back to Cabela’s. I can’t stand guns and hunting, so all that redneck, yahoo, good-ol’-boy motif was lost on me. Don’t expect me to appreciate your hunting skills displayed on your wall. I don’t care that they are World Famous Outfitters. I have an ancestor who did the same thing when the westward movement began in the 1800’s. The store in Kansas City, Kansas is still there! Will Cabela’s still be here in 200 years?


I will go to Dicks next then REI. I really would like those boots before this winter is over.

No comments: