Friday, January 11, 2008

Weekend's Here

Photo
A path I didn’t take this past Tuesday when I went for a bike ride. This was along the Farmington River next to Bart’s in Windsor. Riding on snow makes me nervous.

Happy Weekend

The weekend is here. Since I’m retired, I shouldn’t care one way or the other, right? It’s funny, after so many years of working and looking forward to weekends, I can’t get the routine out of my system.


Today was a day of rain, thunder, lightening and, in some towns, power outages. This is January, not April. The mid-section of the country is also having crazy weather with a spring-like outbreak of tornadoes.


I’ll go somnambulant again this weekend with college basketball and NFL playoffs. It will take the prospect of a Sunday-night-into-Monday snow storm to make me pay attention to what’s going on in the rest of the world.

I need good weather Wednesday (all day) and Thursday night. I have plans. I’ll tell you all about it after the fact.

No comments: