Saturday, January 19, 2008

Early Weekend Posting

Photo
My friend, Barbara, took this picture of Marconi Beach in Wellfleet on Cape Cod when we were there in 2005.
Talk about the odd couple! ☺
In a recent issue of the Hartford Courant I came across this gem: “Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears.” –Rudyard Kipling. I liked it so much I added it to my random list of “signatures” at the end of my emails.

Garfield the Cat says: “It’s amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn’t know what one can’t do.” Garfield and Kipling are telling us the same thing, and it’s our fears (telling us lies) that create our need to believe Garfield all the more.

Pretty heady stuff
Friday night I went to a talk given by my hiking buddy, Jon, who I also worked with for 18 years publishing The Door Opener. Following is the first paragraph of the talk’s description:
The Meeting Of Science & Spirituality
In the last decade science and spirituality have been bumping up against each other with advanced work in such areas as quantum physics, cosmology and consciousness research. Scientists have discovered, through theory and experiments, that there is a field underlying everything in our universe. This field has been labeled the zero point field, the A field and the Quantum Vacuum. It contains a memory of the vibration of every particle as information (as does the Akashic Records), it is holographic, information travels in it far faster than the speed of light, and the information influences the evolution of life on earth and the universe as a whole. It may also be conscious and the source of our consciousness. These are also the attributes used to describe that which we label as 'God'.

The combination of subject and speaker drew a good attendance.


I got so lost
I tried to go to the Faxon Library in West Hartford this morning for a poetry workshop that meets regularly once a month. I misunderstood my Google directions and became hopelessly lost. By the time I realized where I was (in relation to where I wanted to be) it was too late – they had already started. No way was I going to walk into a group for the first time….late! Next month I will make it because now I know the error of my way.