Sunday, January 6, 2008

Weekend

Photo
A canal within the Eagleville Preserve. The canal was important to the use of the river and the original Eagleville dam in colonial times. Whether it was use to transport barges around the dam or it was used as a reserve of water is not clear. Whatever it's original use, today it's just interesting and gets my imagination working overtime.

On Saturday
I went over to South Windsor High School to watch the wrestling meet. This is not my sport. However, grandson Joe was wrestling for East Windsor and a former co-worker, Coach Dave was there with his team from Fairfield Prep. While I was there Joe won his first match of the day. Dave’s kids seemed to be doing ok.
On the way over I went past one playing field and I couldn’t believe what I saw. Right there, in plain view was a coyote. I stopped my car just to get a better look. Wow. Then I realized it hadn’t moved. It wasn’t going to move, either. It was plastic. Then I saw another one in another playing field. Across the street was a large flock of geese. Now I get the picture. Fake coyote, no goose poop.

Sunday, today,
I had planned to go hiking with the Colchester Land Trust group. However, my body had other plans. I woke up slightly under the weather and have decided to stay close to home today. There’s plenty of basketball and football on the tube to lull me into a state of bored somnambulation. Where did I pick up this “bug”? I went to two places yesterday: 1) the high school gym to watch the wrestling meet, 2) the drug store to fill a prescription for my mother. Take your pick.

No comments: