Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolutions and Dreams


Photo
Garfield and Odie.


The Spirit is willing………

Here we are, the start of another year. This is where we resolve to start doing some things and resolve to stop doing others. More of this, less of that. And we dream. We dream of great adventures, a better job, or a life that gets easier. We rarely keep the resolutions and too soon give up on the dreams. What we resolve to do and dream about, seem to become too difficult to achieve, even though they probably are desperately needed. Human nature I guess.


What’s the answer?

I solved the problem of resolutions by not making any! ☺


My dreams, on the other hand need to be dreamed, need to be nurtured. My dreams keep me going. Even if I don’t achieve my dreams, where would I be without them? A very boring, unhappy person.


I keep my dreams alive by telling others about them. The talking generates enthusiasm in me and the enthusiasm fuels the dreams. Full circle. Do the best you can. Be the best you can. You have to try, you don’t have to win. It is in the attempt that one is a success. Dream big dreams. Don’t let anyone convince you that your dream is impossible.

My comic strip friend, Garfield says it best. See above photo! Make those your words to live by. You’ll never know if you don’t try. I have a couple of those dreams coming up. I don’t know if I’ll succeed, but I’ll never know unless I try. Wish me luck.


And on second thought, maybe I should apply the “you’ll never know unless you try” philosophy to making resolutions. But what would I resolve to do/not do? I’m already perfect, don’t you know. ☺ ☺ ☺

Two exercises in futility?
☺ ☺ ☺
First I will work out. I'll walk and/or do some weight resistance routines. Then
I will spend time emptying the file drawer of 2007 financial records to make room for the 2008. While I'm at it I will separate the stuff that I need for my income tax return and bag the rest until they can all be shredded 4 years from now.

A Blessing
May the Universe heap upon you and yours an Abundance of All Good Things throughout the upcoming year and beyond.

No comments: