Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tidewater Inn Bed & Breakfast

Photo
Instead of a photo I put up a link to The Tidewater Inn Bed & Breakfast in Madison, CT.

This is why I needed good weather for Wednesday.
I traveled to Madison yesterday to visit a former co-worker from Connecticut Natural Gas. Viki is living her dream now as owner of The Tidewater Inn. I was going to take my own pictures, but we had so much to talk about I totally forgot.

After I retired from CNG I lost track of many people, Viki among them. I’m not sure who told me, but I knew her dream was to have a B & B. I was so excited (for her) when I found out she was doing just that.

I got the “cook’s tour” of the inn. Each room is absolutely beautiful as you can see from the website. Those in the front of the house face east and have a spectacular view of sunrise. We sat and talked for a while in the sitting area before going to the Griswold Inn for lunch. Viki had to pick up a gift certificate to fill the request of one of her guests (part of her concierge service) so we combined business with pleasure. Lunch was sumptuous and delicious. I expected the coffee to be good, too, and it was.

Since this was also the day Viki designates to do errands, she dropped me off, back at the inn, while she continued on to Milford to pick up supplies. It was getting late and I needed to be heading back home. As it was, I hit Hartford during rush hour. Haven't done that since I retired in 2001!

The drive down was very pleasant, taking me through some very pretty parts of the state. Once I got past Durham, I had the road all to myself.

I’m looking forward to going back for another visit in spring or early summer, and, yes, I will be bringing my bike. I’ve ridden on Route 1 before, and even though it isn’t the most comfortable road to ride (traffic!) there are opportunities to get off the beaten path and be closer to the water.

I highly recommend The Tidewater Inn if you want a weekend (or mid-week) get-away. How about giving someone the gift of a couple of days (or more) at The Tidewater. There’s lots to do in the area to keep you coming back.

No comments: