Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ah, Spring!

Yesterday it was hanging sheets out on the line. Today it's bike riding. Sure signs of spring!

After Kathy and I got back from our Erie Canal bike ride in September '08 (see my blog, Erie Canal Bike Riding Adventure), I wasn't able to ride again until the spring of '09. With my mother's health concerns, there was little time to ride. When spring came around, I rode a total of 13 times before the nasty, wet summer closed in. I have been missing being out on the road, all by myself, just cruising along with not a thought in my head. It's as if I left it all out there on the Erie Canal bike path and the Universe saw fit to mess up my summer so I would have time to rest and heal.

Today was one of those crisp, bright spring days that begs everyone to come out and play. I answered the call. Deep blue skies, light wind, temperature close to 60...I had to be out there.

No comments: