Monday, March 8, 2010

Basketball and Corporate Greed

The nursing home my mother is in does not have digital TV. Basic yes, but not digital. My mother is a huge UConn women’s basketball fan, but was not able to watch the Big East tournament game yesterday, nor will she be able to watch tonight. Many residents in the same nursing home are big fans.

Residents in nursing homes have very little to look forward to as it is. The Big East, UConn and ESPN took away a great opportunity for happiness among our elder citizens.

I’m pretty sure The Big East, UConn and ESPN don't care.

4 comments:

Kathi said...

You would think somehow they would have that available for people to watch. I know at the nursing home my aunt was in at Glastonbury, they had a big screen tv in the lobby and they had the people come out there to watch the games as a group. They were having a heck of a time together!

Elaine said...

How about if you record the games for her? Does she have something to watch them on?

Elaine said...

How about if you record the games for her? Does she have something to watch them on?

Beverly said...

The nursing home doesn't get digital channels in the community nor in the individual rooms. Recording the games for her is a good idea, BUT, my TV equipment is an old dinosaur and I can't record anything! I don't even have a DVD recorder. At least I'm connected to cable.