Monday, March 29, 2010

A Three-Year Old Wrecking Crew


My house was shown to a couple and their 3-year old daughter on Sunday. When I came home from a day of poetry in Shelburne Falls, MA, I thought a wrecking crew had come through the house.

My ‘stuff’ was all over the place…nowhere near where any of it belonged. It was as if someone kept taking my stuff away from this child and left it where they caught up with her.

I guessed it was a 2-year old by what was taken…where it was taken from that is. The eye level and reach of what I thought was a 2-year old.

The agent showing the house claims she was three, and he was the one chasing after her because her parents seemed to be oblivious of what she was doing.

Makes you wonder what their home looks like.

I complained to my agent who called the other one and he apologized profusely. A lot of good that does!

If you put your house on the market you are open to all sorts of nasty people. Beware.

No comments: