Thursday, March 18, 2010

Got the Car Wash Blues


I took my car (not my bike) to the car wash yesterday to the do-it-yourself bay. When I have it done by the automatic washer my car is left with dirty gray streaks all over the place.

I got my two one-dollar coins and after studying the different settings available, I decided I would fill the bucket I brought with hot soapy water and after I gave the car a good soap soak I would do some spot washing. Under the spoiler it gets really grungy and the back window right under the spoiler is likewise.

So I try to put water in the bucket…it splashes back, big time, so that there is now one inch of suds in the bucket and two inches of suds all over me. I don’t want to waste water while I’m doing the spot cleaning, so I turn the thing to OFF, ‘holster’ the hose and proceed to scrub the dirtier places.

Then I go back to the hose and it’s dead. Apparently you can’t turn it off and expect to turn it on again to get your money’s worth. So, I get two more one-dollar coins and finish the job.

The bottom line is: because I didn’t want to spend fifty cents worth of my own water and maybe a penny’s worth of detergent, I wound up spending four bucks for the wash, to say nothing of the one dollar for the vacuum.

I have to come up with a better idea. ☺☺☺

No comments: